Your van is the workhorse of your business. It is one of your key assets and finding van insurance to suit your business needs can prove tricky.

Our team of van insurance specialists will tailor a policy to suit your requirements, helping to keep your business on the road, whether you own one van or a small fleet of vehicles.

Choose between comprehensive, third party, fire and theft or third party only cover, and a range of extras including contents, European cover and legal expenses.

  • Replacement vehicle cover for up to seven days if your vehicle is stolen
  • Legal expenses incurred by and relating to your defence following an accident or injury to a third party
  • Loss of key cover to help with locksmith charges, new locks and keys, car hire and transport costs
  • Breakdown cover – optional roadside assistance
  • Windscreen cover should the glass be damaged or broken
  • Trailer cover should an accident occur resulting from the trailer you are towing

Tools in van insurance features:

  • Tools, equipment and stock whilst in any van in your fleet
  • Damage to sheets, ropes, packing materials, dunnage etc.
  • Damage to a driver’s or attendant’s personal goods up to £250
  • Up to £5000 cover per vehicle
  • Policy excess starts from £100 and varies according to age, type of vehicle and driving experience
  • Wear, tear and depreciation of the vehicle
  • You must be over the age of 21
  • You must have at least one year’s no claims discount
  • If the purpose of the vehicle is to courier or deliver
  • The vehicle must not weigh over 3.5 tonnes
  • Loss of or damage to your vehicle or its contents by theft or attempted theft if the van has been left unlocked, left with the keys inside, left with the windows or roof panel open, or if reasonable precautions have not been taken to protect it

These are some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details can be found in policy wordings.

Do I need Van Insurance?

Van insurance is a legal requirement in order to protect you and other road users in the event of an accident. If you do not currently have a valid van insurance policy you could face a heavy fine and receive penalty points on your driving licence. Furthermore, you potentially face losing your licence, which could have a huge impact on the viability of your business and future income.

Can I cover more than one vehicle on my policy?

Yes. You can cover multiple vehicles on the same policy and these can be a combination of cars and vans. Simply call us on 0121 764 5500 for a quotation.

Is my van covered abroad?

Yes, however your cover will be restricted to EU countries only and for a limited amount of time (usually 30 days).

I have comprehensive cover on my van; can I drive other vans?

No. Our insurance policies do not extend to cover driving other vehicles.

I want to add a driver to my policy; what details would you need?

When adding a driver to a policy we will need to know:

  • The driver’s full name
  • Their date of birth
  • The date they obtained their Full UK driving licence
  • If the driver has had any claims or accidents in the past three years
  • If the driver has had any convictions in the past five years
  • If the driver has any disabilities we should be aware of
  • The driver’s occupation
  • Will they be an occasioned or main driver?

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by our vehicle claims team offering a fast and efficient service.

Simply contact the claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0844 248 9341 to speak directly to a claims handler. They will talk things through with you, guiding you through your next steps and the whole process.

It is important to report all incidents to your insurers, including cases where there is little or no damage to your vehicle. This will help your insurance company to defend you against claims made by a third party.

To report an incident at any time, day or night, please call our claims line using the telephone number shown on your claims card. Your claims card should be kept in your vehicle at all times so you are able to report incidents as quickly as possible.

Get a Quote

Explore Further