Our flexible truck insurance for drivers of single trucks as well as haulage, carriers and logistics firms with fleets of HGVs, comes with a series of options to ensure you have just the right cover in place within a single policy.

We realise that your vehicles are closely linked to your livelihood and protecting it is a major priority for you and your business. We also understand that, whether you are an owner-operator, or have a sizeable fleet, finding affordable HGV insurance that provides an adequate level of cover can also be challenging and time consuming.

At Adler Insurance Brokers we can help by using our extensive knowledge and experience of providing HGV insurance to tailor a policy to your needs, so that you only pay for the cover that is essential to you and do not waste money on policy features that aren’t appropriate to your requirements.

  • Category C and C + E licences accepted
  • Options for fully comprehensive, third party, fire and theft, or third party cover only
  • Options for goods in transit, employer and public liability, engineering insurance, personal accident and sickness insurance
  • Cover for attached or detached trailers
  • Injury or death of third party persons with an unlimited limit of indemnity
  • Damage to property of others up to £5 million
  • Costs of defending an action under the Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007
  • Breakdown cover in the UK and Europe with a 24-hour emergency number (at additional cost)
Typical Exclusions:
  • Theft if keys left in or on the vehicle
  • Goods in transit – theft of property from unattended vehicles, unless the vehicle is in a locked building or compound controlled by security personnel
  • Income protection – cover is subject to a declaration of health, and may be offered excluding any illness or injury that existed on the date of entry into the scheme or at each renewal
  • Income protection – loss of licence must occur within two years of sickness or injury for the benefit to become payable

These are some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details can be found in policy wordings.

What is a truck insurance policy?

A truck insurance policy, also known as a haulage insurance policy, is one which has been specifically designed for the needs of any business that uses trucks and other HGVs. It is often made up of various sections of cover and is generally categorised depending on the amount of trucks or HGVs that need to be added to the motor section of the policy.

Do you provide cover for hazardous goods or locations?

Put simply, it depends. We need to take into consideration the type of work you are undertaking and the locations at which you are working. However, we are pretty confident we can find you the correct level of cover. Our staff are experienced in this complex area of insurance and will be able to provide you with good advice over the telephone.

Do I need to purchase employer liability insurance?

Yes, you do. Employer liability cover was made mandatory in the UK by the Employer’s Liability Compulsory Insurance Act 1969. The legislation requires all employers to purchase employers liability insurance – even if you only use an employee occasionally on a temporary basis. Employer liability insurance is available under the ‘combined liability’ section of our policies.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by our vehicle claims team offering a fast and efficient service.

Simply contact the claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0844 248 9341 to speak directly to a claims handler. They will talk things through with you, guiding you through your next steps and the whole process.

It is important to report all incidents to your insurers, including cases where there is little or no damage to your vehicle. This will help your insurance company to defend you against claims made by a third party.

To report an incident at any time, day or night, please call our claims line using the telephone number shown on your claims card. Your claims card should be kept in your vehicle at all times so you are able to report incidents as quickly as possible.

Get a Quote

Explore Further