Tradesmen have unique insurance needs. Our specialist insurance will cover your legal costs if you’re sued as a result of an injury to a member of the public or damage to property as a result of your negligence. It also covers your tools and contract works and compensation costs following a legal claim against you.

Experts in their field, our tradesman insurance team understand the subtle differences in requirements between the trades, so they can tailor our policies according to your unique needs.

Public liability insurance is important for all trades, in case someone is injured or killed, or their property damaged because of your business. Adler Insurance Brokers usually offers between £1 million and £5 million in cover, to protect you against this cost.

If you have employees, contractors, casual workers or temporary staff, you’re required by law to take out employers’ liability insurance. It’ll cover claims from employees who’ve been injured or become seriously ill as a result of working for you.

  • Flexible limits of indemnity
  • Employer liability
  • Public liability – with varying levels of indemnity up to £10,000,000
  • Contract works – to protect the materials you are using both on site and in transit
  • 24-hour tradesman helpline – should you need our advice and guidance
  • Options to extend to cover your tools and plant
  • Option to extend to cover temporary employees
Typical Exclusions:
  • Policy excess as shown in your policy documents
  • Hazardous location exclusion
  • Asbestos exclusion
  • Theft of tools from unattended vehicles
  • Injury or loss occurring outside of the EU

Exclusions will change depending on your profession. This list of exclusions is a summary and is not a full list of all exclusions that may apply.

Can you offer tools cover and up to how much?

Yes, we can offer tools cover for all trades, ranging from £1000 – £5000 per person. Own plant and hired-in plant cover can also be offered.

I need ‘contractors all-risks’ cover for my contract, can you offer this? Yes. We are able to offer this cover and tailor an insurance package to suit each client’s demands and needs.

Can I pay over monthly instalments or does it have to be a one-off payment?

Yes, of course.

What level of public liability do you recommend?

For your peace of mind, we recommend as high a level of cover as possible.  We offer prices on all levels of public liability, so you can make an informed decision.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by our in-house claims team. This means a fast and efficient service that many insurance brokers have to outsource to achieve.

Simply contact the claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0121 764 7563 to speak directly to a claims handler. They will talk through your claim, guiding you through your next steps and  the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further