Competitively-priced contents insurance, specifically designed for residential tenants who are privately renting a house, bungalow, maisonette or flat anywhere in the UK.

Some tenants believe that their landlord or management company will automatically insure their furniture, belongings and decoration against theft, vandalism or burst pipes. This is not the case. Unfortunately many people only realise this after the damage is done.

Adler Insurance Brokers have designed cover specifically for people who rent a room or the whole property. Get protection for your landlord’s fixtures and fittings, helping protect your deposit, and whilst we also protect your belongings from theft or damage.

The insurance is arranged with Aviva and is only available to tenants of properties insured through Adler Insurance Group.

Features often included:
  • Accidental damage included as standard
  • £2 Million legal liability to the public
  • £2,500 accidental damage to landlords contents
  • New for old indemnity (except for clothing and linen)
  • Up to £1,000 valuables cover (within the home)
  • £250 replacement locks following theft or loss of keys
  • £250 money and credit card cover
Optional extra cover extensions:
  • £1,000 or £2,000 personal possessions
  • £500 laptop / computer equipment cover
  • £500 pedal cycle cover
  • £300 or £600 mobile phone cover
Exclusions can include:
  • Loss or damage resulting from any existing and deliberate damage
  • Damage cause by wear and tear
  • War
  • Terrorism
Policy excesses
  • The first £50 for standard claims
  • The first £100 for claims for laptops/computer equipment, mobile phones or pedal cycles (these are optional covers)
  • The first £250 in the case of escape of water claims

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.

What is the difference between tenant contents insurance and home contents insurance?

Both cover your own contents against fire, lightning, theft, storm, flood etc. The main difference between the two is that generally, in rented property, not all of the contents belong to you (the resident). Our tenant contents insurance includes cover for up to £2,500 in respect of accidental damage to your landlord’s contents, fixtures and fittings; all of which are not normally included in a standard home contents policy.

I live in a property shared with friends, am I eligible for cover?

Yes, cover is available for houses, bungalows, maisonettes, individual flats and flats in halls of residence with up to four unrelated people sharing.

Is my mobile phone/laptop covered?

Optional cover is available for mobile phones and laptops – this must be taken if the items are to be covered in or out of the home.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team.

Simply contact our team using the details within your policy documents, or call them direct on 0121 764 7563. They talk through your claim, guiding you through your next steps and  the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further