Generous yet truly flexible buy-to-let insurance cover, whether you’re renting out your property personally or via a letting agency.

Committed to offering great service combined with exactly the cover you need, our specialist buy-to-let landlords insurance; also known as let property insurance; includes buildings and property owner’s liability with options to add contents and legal expenses.

As a buy-to-let landlord you have many responsibilities. You need flexible insurance that protects you, your tenants, and your property. With Adler Insurance Brokers we help you find the right cover for your circumstances, by building your policy from a range of key covers. You will get one premium, one renewal date, and one set of documents. We’re keen to ensure that you get quick, quality cover, without any hassle.

Insurer's we use: Axa, LV=, Zurich, Allianz, Aviva, Hiscox, RSA, Miles Smith, NIG

Buy-to-let insurance features:

  • Cover for one property or a portfolio
  • Private lets, or lets made via an agent, providing you have final vetting of the tenants
  • Properties let to professionals, students and DSS
  • Loss of rent due to an insured risk, such as fire (up to 20% of the sum insured)
  • Alternative accommodation if the property becomes uninhabitable (up to 20% of the sum insured)
  • Cover for periods of vacancy, such as in-between tenancy agreements (up to 30 days)
  • Your legal liability as a property owner with option to increase to £5m
  • Option to include theft and malicious damage by tenants
  • Accidental damage to fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and underground services (under our buildings cover)
  • Damage caused by emergency access (under our buildings cover)
  • Costs of tracing and accessing leaks (under our buildings cover and up to £1,000)
  • A range of optional extras depending on your specific requirements
  • Contents insurance
  • Cover against accidental damage caused by tenants
  • Legal protection cover to help recover legal costs when you need representation – especially useful if you let your property personally

Buy-to-let insurance typical exclusions:

  • Theft will be excluded unless the loss or damage involves forcible entry to or exit from the property (theft by tenants can be included for an additional premium)
  • Malicious damage caused by your tenants is excluded from your policy (this can be included for an additional premium)
  • When your property has been unoccupied for 30 days or more, your cover will remain in place but will be restricted
  • Storm damage to fences, gates or hedges
  • Loss or damage caused by wear and tear
  • Contents cover for items used for business or professional purposes
  • The first £250 for escape of water claims, £1,000 for subsidence/heave/landslip claims and £100 for all other claims (£250 for properties let to DSS/Students)
  • Damage to your buildings by wet or dry rot
  • Damage to your buildings due to a fault or limit of design, manufacture or installation. In particular there is no cover for damage to underground services that do not work because they are worn out
  • The cost of replacing any undamaged items which form part of a set, suite or item of a uniform nature

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team.

Simply contact our team using the details within your policy documents, or call them direct on 0121 764 7563. They will talk through your claim, guiding you through your next steps and  the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further