Whether you have a rental portfolio or just one property to let, you’ll need more than just house insurance to cover you if things go wrong.

Landlord insurance is designed to help stop mishaps – such as flooding, burst pipes, broken windows or fire damage – from becoming major losses. Whatever type of landlord you are, protecting both your investment and income with Landlords Insurance is essential.

Our landlord insurance policy will cover properties let to professionals, students and DSS tenants, and whichever policy you choose, property owner’s liability cover is standard. Plus, if you let your property out furnished, contents insurance can be added to protect your belongings.

With different risks and responsibilities, life as a landlord can be complicated. There is a wealth of information, legislation and regulation to keep on top of, plus attracting tenants, keeping your properties in good condition, managing rental payments and organising the right insurance… it is a time-consuming task. Adler Insurance Brokers can guide you through the processes of obtaining insurance, offering help and specially tailored products to make your job easier.


  • Properties let to professionals, students and DSS accepted
  • Includes private lets or lets through an agent, providing you have final vetting of the tenants
  • Option to add reimbursement of rent in the event of an insured risk, such as fire
  • Alternative accommodation should the property become uninhabitable with some insurers
  • Cover for your buildings and contents during periods of vacancy, such as in between tenancy agreements, upon referral to us
  • Option to insure against accidental damage caused by tenants
  • Discounts available for no claims
  • Damage by wet or dry rot
  • Cover may be restricted when your property is unoccupied
  • Damage due to a fault or limit of design, manufacture or installation. In particular there is no cover for damage to underground services that do not work because they are worn out
  • The cost of replacing any undamaged items, which form part of a set, suite or item of a uniform nature
  • Loss or damage to your buildings from any cause not listed in the policy booklet – but wider cover is available with the accidental damage option
  • An excess will apply to all claims, which will vary insurer to insurer and will be detailed in your policy booklet

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.

What cover do I need to arrange on behalf of my tenants?

You need to ensure you have building cover in place. If you are renting out your property furnished, you should consider getting contents insurance.

Can you arrange immediate cover?

Yes. You can either speak to one of our specialist advisors on 0121 764 7575 or purchase online.

What happens to my tenants if my property becomes uninhabitable?

We will cover the cost of alternative accommodation for up to 20 percent of the sum insured.

Can you insure my portfolio of properties?

Yes, we can. There is no limit to the number of properties we can insure per landlord. The more properties you insure with us, the more of a discount we can provide.

Can I have accidental damage cover?

Yes. Whether your property is professionally managed or not we can add this on to your policy as an optional extra.

Do you provide property owners liability insurance?

Property owners liability insurance comes as standard as part of your buildings cover. If you require contents only cover this will need to be an add-on to the policy. Call our sales team on 0121 764 7575 for more information.

What does Buildings Sum Insured mean?

Essentially, it’s the cost of rebuilding your property (this is different to the market value), and is usually found on your valuation report or mortgage survey. It’s important to insure your property for the correct amount – the Association of British Insurers calculator can help you understand the rebuild value of your property.

When do I receive my policy documents?

Once you’ve set up your policy (or made an amendment or cancellation) you’ll be able to view all of your documents online through our client portal.


With Adler Insurance you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team.

Simply contact our team using the details within your policy documents, or call them direct on 0121 764 7563. They will talk with you about your claim, guiding you through your next steps and taking you through the process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further