If you work in the construction industry, it is likely you will carry out contractual site work at some point. Constructional plant is susceptible to losses from a wide range of causes. For example, plant can be stolen from the insured’s premises or a contract site, it can be damaged in transit or be destroyed by fire. Such an event could prove disastrous to the welfare of your construction busines.

Contractors plant insurance provides protection against the cost of unforeseen loss or damage to both owned plant. It can also cover the legal liability under terms of any hiring agreement to pay for loss or damage caused to hired-in plant and the cost of continuing hire charges.

At Adler Insurance Group we have an experienced construction and contractor insurance team that can advise you on the most suitable type of plant insurance required for your needs. We have developed excellent premium rates and policy terms with our selection of insurance underwriters, enabling us to offer you complete cover at a very competitive price.

Plant insurance is often covered under a combined policy related to the building trade, that covers employers liability and public liability, amongst other types of insurance cover. Our specialist team are able to build a tailor made policy to match your requirements and protect your business as a whole.

If you would like to find out how we can protect your business assets with plant insurance, simply contact 0121 764 5500 and speak to one of our brokers today.
Hired-in Plant Insurance

If something was to happen to the tools and machinery you have hired, not only are you likely to be liable for the cost of the equipment, but you could also be liable for the rental charges for each day the rental firm is without their machinery. Hired-in plant insurance covers you against both of these costs should machinery or tools get damaged or stolen.

Plant Machinery Insurance

If your business owns the materials and tools on site, plant machinery insurance can cover you if these effects are lost or damaged; even if an accident occurs when they are in transit to the site or on the premises.

Typical exclusions:
  • Licenced road vehicles
  • Wear and tear
  • Airborne or waterborne craft Security levels

Exclusions will change depending on your particular profession and the location of your work. This list of exclusions is a summary and is not a full list of all exclusions that may apply.

What is included under tool cover with plant & material insurance?

Tool cover with plant & material insurance provides protection against accidental and malicious damage, as well as theft affecting contract works. This includes work in progress, your tools and materials on site – both fixed and unfixed.

What if my plant is hired-in?

The tool cover available with our plant and material insurance policies can provide cover for both owned and hired-in plant. When you complete your details, you’ll need to specify the level of cover you require and we’ll compare policies that meet your requirements.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by our in-house claims team. This means a fast and efficient service that many insurance brokers have to outsource to achieve.

Simply contact the claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0121 764 7563 to speak directly to a claims handler. They will talk through your claim, guiding you through your next steps and the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further