We realise that groundworkers and civil engineers are usually the first and last trades on and off a site. You work in high-risk environments on a daily basis and need insurance to protect against the perils you face. Adler Insurance Group can provide comprehensive insurance for labourers, ground workers and civil engineers that is designed to provide cover for all your assets and liabilities.

Civil Engineers and Groundworkers insurance can include public liability insurance which will protect you in the event of a third party claim such as bodily injury or damage to property that may accidentally occur during the day to day running of your business. If your business employs any staff including part-time, apprentices or temps UK law requires you to have employers liability insurance to protect your most valuable asset, your people.

Insurers tend to believe that groundworkers and civil engineers pose a potentially high risk under public liability insurance. On the face of it working at ground level seems low risk; however the high risk element can be working underground where damage can be done to services, pipes, and cables.

At Adler Insurance Group we understand your trade. We realise that specialists in their field are usually highly skilled professionals with adequate experience and training. They are at a skilled level where you’d expect they would be less likely to make a mistake, therefore this should be reflected in their insurance premiums. We work with insurers to help them understand your profession and we can add or remove specific endorsements and clauses to a policy, designing it for you and your own very specific requirements.

We are a wholly independent insurance broker who specialise in construction insurance.  Our brokers have a wealth of knowledge across all construction trades. After a brief initial consultation our fully qualified and highly trained brokers will scour the market to find you the most comprehensive cover at a price to suit your pocket. Because each individual is different and very few contractors work in the same environment our policies can be tailored to suit your situation.

If you would like to find out how we can protect your business and staff with groundworkers and civil engineers insurance, simply contact 0121 764 5500 and speak to one of our brokers today.

Policy features can include:

  • Public liability insurance – from £1 million, with options to extend if required
  • Employer liability  – £10 million as standard, but can be extended
  • Temporary employee protection with employers’ liability
  • Contractors all-risks cover , which can include hired-in plant and own plant cover
  • Optional separate cover for tools or business equipment

Policies can vary widely depending on your trade/profession. Full details of exclusions/limitations will be found in policy wordings.

We will search the market for a policy that works best for your business. All of our customers have individual needs and therefore we can account for any specific policy features or exclusions that may not work for you. We can work with you to find the correct balance that means you get the best cover possible.

We currently only offer cover to businesses registered in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Isle of Man.

In the event of a claim, an excess may be payable. This will be prearranged and confirmed during the quotation period and will be subject to your requirements.


Why do I need specific insurance for my industry?

Some general policies could contain inadequacies that would leave your business uninsured in the event of a major loss.  A construction industry-specific policy would prevent this.

Are labour-only subcontractors covered in the same way that direct P.A.Y.E staff are under the employer liability policy?

Yes. Both types of employers are covered for the same risks, although it is very important you declare how your workforce are employed, as it will affect how your risks are calculated.

Is the financial rating of an insurer an important factor?

Yes. Financial rating measures an insurer’s financial situation and allows you to predict their ability to meet on-going policy obligations. Here at Adler, we only use A-rated UK insurers. There are also a number of contractors that will  only sub-contract  to  companies  with  financially A- rated  insurers. By not having a financially secure insurance policy in place you could potentially be restricting your business and the contracts you can take on.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by our in-house claims team. This means  a fast and efficient service that many insurance brokers have to outsource to achieve.

Simply contact the claims team using the details within your policy documents, or call us on 0121 764 7563 to speak directly to a claims handler. They will talk  through your claim, guiding you through your next steps and  the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further