Taking care of a block of flats or apartments is a lot of work and a residents’ association can play an active part in making sure the building, its facilities and general upkeep are all properly maintained for the benefit of the tenants.

Nevertheless, it is also important to protect the members of the residents’ association from the financial liabilities associated with their actions. Residents’ association insurance from Adler Insurance Brokers can help you do just that.


  • Cover for loss or damage to property insured including fire, accidental damage, storm, flood, escape of water, subsidence and theft
  • Building sums insured index linked or day-one uplift of up to 50%
  • Property owner’s liability of up to £5m
  • Cover for malicious damage caused by tenants
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Communal areas, such as hallways, private roads and car parks are protected and you can also receive employer’s liability cover for anyone hired to provide cleaning or maintenance of these areas.

Depending on the policy that the group chooses, the insurance can also cover:

  • Directors and officers liability
  • Employers’ liability
  • Public liability
  • Product liability
  • Legal expenses
  • Accidental damage
  • Theft
  • Business interruption
  • Loss of cash
  • Damage by wet or dry rot
  • Possible restrictions when your property is unoccupied
  • Damage due to a fault or limit of design, manufacture or installation. In particular there is no cover for damage to underground services that do not work because they are worn out
  • The cost of replacing any undamaged items, which form part of a set, suite or item of a uniform nature
  • Loss or damage to your buildings from any cause not listed in the policy booklet (wider cover is available with the accidental damage option)
  • An excess will apply to all claims, which will vary insurer to insurer and will be detailed in your policy booklet

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.

What cover do I need to arrange on behalf of my tenants?

You need to ensure you have building cover in place. If you are renting out a furnished property , you should consider getting contents insurance.

Can you arrange immediate cover?

Yes. You can either speak to one of our specialist advisors on 0121 764 7575 or purchase online.

What happens to my tenants if my property becomes uninhabitable?

We will cover the cost of alternative accommodation for up to 20%  of the sum insured.

Can you insure my portfolio of properties?

Yes, we can. There is no limit to the number of properties we can insure per landlord. The more properties you insure with us, the more of a discount we can provide.

Can I have accidental damage cover?

Yes. Whether your property is professionally managed or not we can add this on to your policy as an optional extra.

Do you provide property owner liability insurance?

Property owner liability insurance comes as standard as part of your buildings cover. If you require contents-only cover, this will need to be an add-on to the policy. Call our sales team on 0121 764 7575 for more information.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team.

Simply contact our team using the details within your policy documents, or call them direct on 0121 764 7563. They will talk things through with you, guiding you through your next steps and the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further