If you own, manage or are resident in a block of flats, tenement or residential apartment block, you’ll need specialist insurance because regular buildings insurance policies will not always provide the level of cover required to ensure complete protection.

Block of flats insurance (also called block insurance) is designed for a range of property types, including houses converted into flats and large purpose built blocks. We can arrange a policy for the freeholder, leaseholder or management company to ensure the property is covered.

Adler Insurance Group is a specialist broker for blocks of flats insurance, and we are well-known as providers of cover for a wide range of purpose-built and converted properties. Cover can usually be arranged on an all risks basis, covering fire, storm, flood, subsidence and escape of water.

We offer comprehensive block insurance at competitive premiums, and we work with a panel of household-name and specialist insurers to provide a range of insurance products that are specially-designed for apartment blocks and blocks of flats.

If you are a resident living in a block of flats or apartment block, you’ll know that the insurance of the building is a responsibility which is jointly shared. Your property management company may take care of these matters on your behalf, but it could be that a group of the residents have opted to take on management of these tasks themselves. Either way, block of flats insurance would be the correct choice for your residence.

Adler Insurance are also able to offer a number of property policies including:

Freeholder Insurance
Landlords Insurance
Property Investors, Managers & Agents Insurance
Residents Management Companies Insurance
Residents Associations Insurance
Right to Manage Insurance

We can also help with Directors & Officers Liability and Engineering Inspection Insurance.

Policies available from leading UK Insurers including Aviva, Allianz, AXA, Covéa, RSA and Zurich.

insurer logos block insurance flats property freeholder


  • Cover for loss or damage to property insured including fire, accidental damage, storm, flood, escape of water, subsidence and theft
  • Building sums insured index linked or day-one uplift of up to 50%
  • Property owner’s liability of up to £5m
  • Cover for malicious damage caused by tenants
  • Loss of rent cover
  • Alternative accommodation
  • Communal areas, such as hallways, private roads and car parks are protected and you can also receive employer’s liability cover for anyone hired to provide cleaning or maintenance of these areas.

If you require additional coverage, such as liability protection for a residents association, lift inspection and maintenance cover, directors and officers insurance or terrorism insurance, these can also be provided.

  • Damage by wet or dry rot
  • Possible restrictions when your property is unoccupied
  • Damage due to a fault or limit of design, manufacture or installation. In particular there is no cover for damage to underground services that do not work because they are worn out
  • The cost of replacing any undamaged items, which form part of a set, suite or item of a uniform nature
  • Loss or damage to your buildings from any cause not listed in the policy booklet (wider cover is available with the accidental damage option)
  • An excess will apply to all claims, which will vary insurer to insurer and will be detailed in your policy booklet

These are just some of the key exclusions/limitations, full details will be found in policy wordings.

What cover do I need to arrange on behalf of my tenants?

You need to ensure you have building cover in place. If you are renting out a furnished property , you should consider getting contents insurance.

Can you arrange immediate cover?

Yes. You can either speak to one of our specialist advisors on 0121 764 7575 or purchase online.

What happens to my tenants if my property becomes uninhabitable?

We will cover the cost of alternative accommodation for up to 20%  of the sum insured.

Can you insure my portfolio of properties?

Yes, we can. There is no limit to the number of properties we can insure per landlord. The more properties you insure with us, the more of a discount we can provide.

Can I have accidental damage cover?

Yes. Whether your property is professionally managed or not we can add this on to your policy as an optional extra.

Do you provide property owner liability insurance?

Property owner liability insurance comes as standard as part of your buildings cover. If you require contents-only cover, this will need to be an add-on to the policy. Call our sales team on 0121 764 7575 for more information.

With Adler Insurance, you can be confident that, in the event of the worst happening, your claim will be handled by a dedicated claims team.

Simply contact our team using the details within your policy documents, or call them direct on 0121 764 7563. They will talk things through with you, guiding you through your next steps and the whole process.

Get a Quote

Explore Further